Marye Werling, Principal
Pamela Hawk-Williams, Assistant Principal
Coming Up in March:
- March 2: Dress up like your favorite Dr. Seuss character
- March 6: Chick-Fil-A Night
- March 15: Spring Pictures
- March 12-16: Kindness Week
- March 19, 5:30 PM: PTA Musical Performance (3rd and 4th grade) "I Have a Dream"
Kindness Week will be observed at Asbury Elementary School March 12-16, 2018. The overall objective of Kindness Week is to promote positive behavior and encourage students to make a difference in their school & community. Please help us support this mission by allowing your child to participate in the following activities:
- MONDAY, March 12- “Smile Day” Smile at everyone that you see. If you are missing your front two teeth, no worries…Be sure to smile even bigger!
- TUESDAY, March 13- “Compliment Day” Tell someone what you like about them
- WEDNESDAY, March 14- “Cleanliness Counts Day” Pick up any paper or trash that you see on the floor in the building or on school grounds.
- THURSDAY, March 15-“Put Others First Day” Allow someone else to go ahead of you in line.
- FRIDAY, March 16- “Give Thanks Day” Write a note to someone letting them know how much you appreciate them and that you are grateful for all they do.
Asbury student Brianna Buchanan won the Coliseum Poster Contest. Here her art is pictured with Ms. Davis, art teacher, and Ms. Hawk-Williams, assistant principal.
Proud to be a fully accredited school!
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Asbury Elementary creates a safe, nurturing environment with high expectations for all students, staff, and families. Together, we will meet the challenge to ensure each student’s success in academic achievement, citizenship, and self-esteem.
We strive to have our parents, staff, and community members actively involved in our students’ learning.