WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL CLINIC
I’m Nurse Halliwill and I will be caring for your child during the school day here at Asbury. As the school nurse I will assess their status when they visit the clinic, treat when appropriate, and make recommendations/referrals as needed. I cannot diagnose medical conditions or illnesses. I am available to all families as a resource for health and wellness information.
CLINIC PHONE- 757-850-7077 FAX- 757-848-2332
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Keep your emergency and contact information current. Update your phone numbers as needed.
- All medicines (even over-the-counter) need a written/signed doctor's order that is current for the school year. All medicine must be in a correctly labeled container from the pharmacy.
KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME WHEN HE OR SHE HAS:
- A fever of 100.4 or greater
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours
- A red eye with drainage or crusting
- Severe ear or throat pain
- Green or yellow drainage from the nose
- A rash that has not been evaluated by a doctor
- Head lice
** IF YOU ARE KEEPING YOUR CHILD HOME DUE TO ILLNESS, PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLINIC OR SCHOOL THAT DAY: 850-5077 OR 850-5075.
ALL 5th GRADERS ENTERING 6TH GRADE MUST RECEIVE A TDAP VACCINE. GET THIS DONE EARLY TO BEAT THE SUMMER RUSH! PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLINIC WHEN YOUR CHILD HAS RECEIVED THE TDAP VACCINE SO IT CAN BE ENTERED INTO THEIR COMPUTER HEALTH RECORD.